My First Collection - SS07/08

...Well this collection all started when I was on a plane travelling from my home town of Perth to my new city..Melbourne! I had previously been contemplating this move in order to launch my own fashion label.
So I did and although my journey in Design started way before this, all I carried with me was a name and a few ideas...however, it was a great time to gather more thoughts and ideas. This all happened back in 2005 and 5 years on Huxley has now produced two exclusive collections and is currently working on new designs for the coming year as well as looking to the near future to produce more of these collections more frequently and be part of a wider network of markets.
 I hope you enjoy my First Collection :).




For this collection I used feminine styles with influence from the
1920’s. The straight silhouettes and pleats are derived from the
well known ‘Flapper’ dress of the late 1920’s with the added touch of ribbon and
lace which were common features used in fashion during this time.
The garments have a soft neutral palette and elegant silhouettes with pleating as the
main feature of the collection. Pleats add depth to the garment while maintaining
a long straight look that gives length to the body.
The use of neutral colours, enables the wearer to add colour to the outfit.
Neutral Palettes are easy to wear and can be worked on or built up to create a
beautiful outfit by adding colour to them. The fabrics are light weight natural fabrics
of Silk and Cotton. Natural fibres look and feel better on the body, however,
I have used Satin in this collection for the pleats, this gives a sharper more
permanent edge and will hold better when pleated.
Most of the garments are finished with ribbon or lace, which
compliment the look of the garment and add extra elegance to each style.

Comments

Popular Posts